AUTUMN SALE NOW ON! Cottages from £35 a night for Boundless members and £44 a night for non-members. Price is based on a four-night midweek break for two people 11 - 15 November 2019.
Not yet a Boundless member? Find out more about Boundless and join today.
Parkergate Cottages are set in a peaceful location near the village of Bassenthwaite in the heart of the North Lakes. Made up of a delightful collection of converted cottages and a farmhouse, Parkergate is the ideal base for exploring the area. The cottages have a long history dating back to the 18th century – the main house was built in 1767 and is a Grade II Listed Building. Surrounded by fields of sheep and cattle as well as some much-loved locally nesting ospreys, Parkergate provides the perfect nature-packed experience of the Lake District.
On-site facilities include:
- Reception with tourist information
- Communal laundry room – please bring your own green washing powder
- Free WiFi in the Farmhouse and some of the other units. However, due to our rural location, reception can be a little patchy, so we can’t guarantee a perfect connection. No WiFi access in the Stable or Loft Cottages
- DVDs, maps and walking guides which can be borrowed on request
- Gardens overlooking the lake, and a communal outdoor seating area
Each cottage has:
- Recycling facilities for paper, glass, cans, and plastics (including plastic bottles)
- Ecover washing-up liquid, hand towels and a bath sheet
- Standard-size electric ovens (apart from the Farmhouse which, has an LPG hob and a double electric oven)
- A small fridge with an ice-box, with the exception of Whinlatter, which just has a fridge, although there is a fridge-freezer in the communal area. The Farmhouse has two fridge-freezers
- The Farmhouse has a complimentary basket of logs (additional baskets can be supplied upon request for £5)
- Cots and high chairs, which can be provided free of charge on request